John Monaghan - Failed to complete job as paid to do.

Joshua, Texas 1 comment

John Monaghan, dba Aeroplane Factory in Canton, Ga was paid to assemble and make a ready to fly F-14 twin turbine. He stated 3-4 days which turned into 3 months. His work is *** poor to say the least.

He stated he ran the engines which were not even connected then said he had not. Many wire connections were secured with zip ties stressing the connections requiring all to be replaced. Some connections had nothing to secure them, which if moved came disconnected like the engine throttle wires. Furthermore, the engines have a secondary connection for an emergency shutdown, like if there is an engine fire......not connected

After purchasing his suggested upgrade components for the Air Retract system due to the company "Fly Eagle Jets" were not safe to use and would leak. He later stated he had rebuilt all air cylinders and had pressure tested the system in a water tank with no leaks found. Upon picking the aircraft up, he advised that many modelers were converting to mechanical gear due to air system failures. Could it be he lied about the air test because it would not hold pressure longer then five minutes when I tried it. Gear would not retract properly. Another $800.00 that can have been spent the first time on the mechanical upgrade instead of the air upgrade.

Having to recheck everything installed, I found the left stab to be rubbing against the aft fusalage. Upon further removal of tailpipe and actuators, Securing bolts finger tight and not loctite as he stated he did on everything, a piece of wood, which supports the front of the actuator bracket fell off. This would have cause an immediate structual failure if flown and subjected to areodynamic forces.

While he painted what could be seen, it is what cannot be seen that modelers should worry about. More and more issues with the assembly of this aircraft from someone whom alledges he has been doing this for 20 years, I must say, I would expect this from an inexperienced builder. One must wonder, do radio control jets crash because of pilot error or builder error......hmmmmmmm.....makes you wonder.

By the way, all of this is photo documented along with the video from picking the aircraft up. Experience shows to let someone talk and you'd be surprised what you learn.

Now for the review of Fly Eagle Jets.

Review about: Fly Eagle Jets F14.

Comments

Sadly, I have to post that John has turned out to be a complete disappointment and fraud. He never finished ANY of my projects. He held the F-16 and two other jets for over a year and a half and only found the time to paint a vert. fin, some primer on the fuse and a hatch. The body work he did was botched completely, hinges were crooked and poorly glued, cracks all over the fuse, paint dust all over the electronics (wasn't masked). This is the worst job I have ever seen. Moreover I paid him in advance so I lost ALL of my investment. He was also going to fix the Starfire (never touched it), and build my Tams F18 kit. He never touched that either. All in all the guy took me for over $5,000.00.

I resend my recommendation of him and would strongly suggest that this community stay away from John Monaghan from Georgia.

Andy Andrews